As a teacher or educator working with K-12 students, you may want to use some of the resources listed below to teach about solar energy.
The following curriculum support materials (downloadable PDFs) are courtesy of The National Energy Education and Development (NEED) project.
- Illinois Correlations Teacher Guide
- Schools Going Solar Teacher Guide
- Solar Primary Teacher Guide
- Solar Elementary Teacher Guide
- Solar Intermediate Teacher Guide
- Solar Secondary Teacher Guide
- EERE Energy Education and Workforce Development
The Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation, in collaboration with the National Energy Education Development project (NEED) sponsors teacher training workshops to introduce renewable energy related curricula and explain how solar PV systems work. Upcoming workshop information will be posted on this website as well as at NEED’s website. You can also contact Illinois Clean Energy at 312.372.5191 or email@example.com for more information.